We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Project Manager to join our Infrastructure team within our office in Snow Hill, Birmingham. The role will be to support one of our major government clients to deliver their substantial land possession programme embedded as part of their team. As with all governmental projects there are statutory requirements that need to be met and an integral part of this role is assuring that all governance and internal and client led KPI’s are adhered to.
Our highly successful infrastructure team are currently engaged providing services to many of the UKs major infrastructure projects and we are a main supplier to HS2. We provide our clients with advice on all property related matters, valuations, surveys, associated reports, the negotiation of detailed Heads of Terms and preparation and presentation of Business Cases for approval to acquire properties on behalf of project sponsors.
We have a broad infrastructure and energy client base with projects involving road, rail, solar and utilities. In time will take on a client facing role in supporting these as they evolve, scheduling work, assessing resource requirements, managing risk, and increasing efficiency through delivering projects that identify and exploit opportunities to reduce waste, increase competitiveness and create growth.
- Engage with key stakeholders to refine project objectives and key products to be delivered.
- Support Senior Project Mangers in refinement of project specifications, agreeing project plan baseline including scope, key activities, deliverables, resource requirements, RACI, milestones, and deadline with Clients.
- Utilise project plans and schedules to monitor all activities in line with agreed KPIs.
- Support the management of relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear professional communications.
- Ensure effective communication across the project team.
- Lead project execution, track delivery, monitor and control change, own change management; pro-actively seek and resolve blockers.
- Lead on project performance recording and reporting.
- Record information accurately and consistently using appropriate systems and provide and communicate timely information to relevant parties.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- 3 – 5 years experience in project/programme management including project planning, risk, issue and dependency management, resource planning & forecasting, financial management and analysis and reporting.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate multidisciplinary delivery teams.
- Ability identify and evaluate options, solve problems and make rational, evidence based decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to present convincing arguments for change.
- Excellent ability to build working relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Project/programme management qualifications preferred.
- Experience of Lean 6 Sigma is preferred.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm