We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a full-time Property Manager to join our professional team within our Barnes office in London. The main purpose of the role will be the management of let property throughout the whole rental process from the tenancy start up stage (check in) to the tenancy termination stage (check out) in a manner that satisfies agreed departmental targets.
- To administer the management of let residential properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems arising during the tenancy, managing any repairs, overseeing check-ins and check-outs as necessary and dealing with any arrears.
- Conduct inspections of all properties, advising Landlords of any changes or issues arising. Promptly notifying tenants of any areas where action is required.
- In conducting check-outs liaise with all parties to negotiate a speedy and satisfactory conclusion.
- Manage the relationship with the landlord, including reporting and accounts matters
- Identify and recommend need for property upgrades and refurbishment, organising any between tenancy work, including that arising from dilapidations to allow for a timely re-let to maximise Landlord’s income.
- Support the excellent reputation of Carter Jonas by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants who visit or contact the office
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping and communications to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance
- Be a positive influence within the team helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking someone with previous Property Management experience, ideally within the residential industry. You must be highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritiise work loads. As a Property Manager you must have excellent communication skills, being able to build strong relationships is key. You will have strong administrative skills with a keen eye for detail.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.