We are recruiting a Property Manager on a part-time basis 4 days a week, on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity in Winchester, with some travel to other offices. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience in assisting the Property Management Team with all aspects of Property Management and a focus on Administration duties.
- Assisting with the management of circa 175 properties.
- Dealing with maintenance enquiries.
- Assisting with property inspections.
- Maintaining a compliant portfolio.
- Assist with arranging repairs and improvements.
- Assist with the co-ordination of the relevant safety checks with specialist contractors and recording the valid documentation on a central database.
- Liaise regularly with the finance departments including monitoring financial activity, requesting funds, authorising invoices, and budgeting for planned works.
- Liaise with external parties such as insurance brokers, building surveyors and specialist consultants.
- Understand the area and develop a sound knowledge of property rents and values and desired presentation of properties together with a keen awareness of local competition.
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping, update and maximise the use of databases to ensure accuracy in file management, communications, and compliance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering.
- Be a positive influence helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment.
- Support the excellent reputation of Carter Jonas by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants.
- Contribute to the success of Carter Jonas with regard to cross-selling and other opportunities by understanding the functions of other departments and communicating effectively with colleagues.
We are seeking someone with excellent customer service skills, who is a strong administrator with good organisational skills, you will be numerate with excellent communication skills. Knowledge and understanding of the lettings procedures and qualified to ARLA I/II standard or equivalent standard of experience. Experience in the use of residential software programs will be an advantage along with advance skill in Microsoft Office package knowledge and use.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm