Due to continued growth and development we are excited to be recruiting an experienced Property Manager to join our Residential team. The main objective of the Property Manager role will be to oversee all aspects of Property Management and Administration duties for the Newbury portfolio. The role is primarily based in Winchester and one day per week in Newbury.
- Dealing with all maintenance issues that arise and raising works orders/managing Tenant/Landlord expectations and keeping all parties up to date
- Covering property maintenance for the other team members in their absence
- Organising all safety Testing in Managed Properties – LRA, GSC, Oil, Chimney Sweeping, EICR, PAT & EPC and maintaining this.
- Processing of repairs invoicing and managing expenditure for Landlords
- Manage the sending of Checkout reports at the end of the Tenancy, including the negotiation and return of deposits.
- Working with the Office Administrator/ Negotiators to ensure all pre-tenancy works and safety checks are in place for new managed Tenancies.
- Introducing the Property Management team to a new Tenant once a new Tenancy has started.
- Booking third party property inspections and in house property inspections, liaising with Tenants to coordinate suitable appointments.
- Sending property inspection reports to Landlords and liaising with them to ascertain any necessary repairs/discussions with Tenants as a result of this.
- Filing all documents/emails in correct folders/on RPS and uploading documents to Tenant Portal where necessary.
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping, update and maximise the use of databases to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
To be considered for this Property Manager role we are seeking someone who is highly organised, can work well under pressure and holds strong communication skills. You will have a professional manner and excellence in terms of maintaining confidentiality. A strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as a keen eye for detail. It would be an advantage if you was qualified to ARLA I/II standard or equivalent and have knowledge of the property industry and lettings procedures.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm