We are seeking an experienced Property Manager to join our Rural division based in Northampton, Peterborough or Cambridge. The successful Property Manager will be responsible for the delivery of repairs, maintenance, improvement projects and compliance in respect of a mixed property portfolio to include residential, agricultural, property conversion and improvement, plus commercial property.
Day to day assistance on rural portfolio including:
- Responsible for the proactive and reactive repairs and maintenance of a mixed portfolio of residential, agricultural and commercial property
- Organising repair and maintenance work for rural properties, including liaising with tenants and contractors, arranging access and checking that works are completed to a high standard
- Manage and keep up to date with CDM regulations
- Instruction and management of large scaled refurbishment and conversion projects working alongside contractors within CDM regulations
- Arranging and managing new utility connections, liaising with utility providers and tenants
- Administration of property insurance including apportionment of premiums, raising and issue of invoices
- Maintain property inspection schedules, arranging annual and other inspections as necessary
- Administration of annual compliance and safety checks of properties
- Assist with annual, monthly and other inspections
- Liaise with Clients, colleagues, tenants and contractors.
- Provide accurate, timely client reports
- Undertake site visits where necessary to read meters, undertake audible fire alarm tests, meet contractors and to carry out property inspections
- Use and assisting with the maintenance of records on the TRAMPS property management system
- Preparation and management of property maintenance budgets
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
You will have experience of Property Management, ideally with rural properties and will have demonstrable experience in delivering an excellent level of service to clients, tenants and contractors. You will need to be a strong communicator with a sound understanding of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Outlook. In addition, travel to client properties will be required as part of the role and therefore a Driving License is essential.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm