We are excited to be recruiting an experienced Property Manager to join our Infrastructure team for a fixed term 12-month contract. The main objective of the Property Manager role will be to oversee all aspects of Property Management and Administration duties for the South East portfolio on behalf of a major infrastructure client. The role is primarily based remotely with occasional travel.
Day to day management of rural portfolio including:
- Collection of rents and other monies due, including chasing of arrears.
- Assist with organising repair and maintenance work for residential properties, including liaising with tenants and contractors, arranging access, and checking that works are completed.
- Maintain property inspection schedules, arranging annual and other inspections, as necessary.
- Assist with annual, monthly, and other inspections.
- Deal with basic rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Identify and implementing asset management opportunities.
- Liaise with Clients, tenants, and contractors.
- Provide accurate, timely client reports.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of appropriate legislation.
- Undertake site visits where necessary to read meters, undertake audible fire alarm tests, meet contractors and to carry out basic inspections
- Use and assisting with the maintenance of records on the TRAMPS property management and accounting system.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
To be considered for this Property Manager role we are seeking someone who is highly organised, can work well under pressure and holds strong communication skills. You will have a professional manner and excellence in terms of maintaining confidentiality. A strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as a keen eye for detail. It would be an advantage to have knowledge of CDM regulations but not essential.
A RICS qualification would be an advantage but it isn't essential, most importantly you will have a background of property management ideally with demonstrable cross sector property experience with current knowledge and awareness of the market. Experience of delivering and managing multiple projects and strong analytical & problem solving skills. A good working knowledge of relevant legislation and a full driving licence is required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; we would be happy to talk to you about how our flexible policy could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm