We are looking for an experienced Property Manager to join our Regional Property Management Department. The post holder will be responsible for the efficient management of the let property portfolio for our Newbury Lettings Office and will oversee the entire process from the tenancy start up to the termination stage in a manner that satisfies agreed departmental targets. The position will be based 1 day from home, 2 days in Winchester and 2 days in Newbury.
- To administer the management of let residential properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems arising during the tenancy, managing any repairs, compliance, overseeing check-ins and check-outs as necessary and dealing with any arrears.
- Conduct property inspections as required, advising Landlords of any changes or issues arising. Promptly notifying tenants of any areas where action is required.
- Overseeing the Checkout process and liaising with all parties to negotiate a speedy and satisfactory conclusion to deposit matters.
- Manage the relationship with the landlord, including reporting and accounts matters.
- Identify and recommend need for property upgrades and refurbishment, organising any between tenancy work, including that arising from dilapidations to allow for a timely re-let to maximise Landlord’s income.
- Understand the area and develop a sound knowledge of property rents and values and desired presentation of properties together with a keen awareness of local competition.
- Update records and maximise the use of databases such as Reapit to ensure all property and tenant details are up to date.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering.
- Maintain close communication with person/s primarily responsible at all times (particularly at the beginning and end of the day).
- Support the excellent reputation of Carter Jonas by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants who visit or contact the office.
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping and communications to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance.
- Be a positive influence within the team helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment
- Contribute to the success of Carter Jonas with regard to cross-selling and other opportunities by understanding the functions of and communicating effectively with other departments.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking someone with excellent customer service skills and the ability to build long term relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. You will have the ability to take the initiative in a confident and personable manner and will have good negotiating and presentational skills. Additionally, you will be highly numerate with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a professional at managing highly confidential matters.
You will have strong interpersonal skills, high attention to detail and demonstrable ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of MS Office programmes and experience in the use of residential software packages.
Ideally you will be qualified to ARLA I/II standard (desirable) or equivalent standard of experience with a good understanding of the lettings procedures. Flexibility and a “can do” attitude is essential.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm