We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Planner to join our growing Infrastructure consents team. This will be a varied & interesting role requiring project and business management, from early project feasibility through to on-site delivery - providing consent and engagement advice and management to Infrastructure clients. Helping to manage and develop the profit centre to grow the business and further expand the team will be a key part of the role. Existing clients include some of the largest infrastructure providers in the UK, such as Network Rail, HS2, Highways England and the Environment Agency. The wide client base ensures a variety of workload and experiences across all infrastructure sectors.We welcome applications from candidates who are open to working in Leeds, Birmingham or the surrounding areas. We offer flexible working arrangement, a competitive salary as well as flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances.
- Management and co-ordination of the consents process, including TWA and DCO.
- Stakeholder management and local engagement.
- Representing consent and property interests on large infrastructure projects.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying new business opportunities across the Infrastructure sector.
- Assist in the delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Client management.
- Financial and client reporting.
- Identification and promotion of opportunities to ‘cross-sell’ all Carter Jonas services
- Participation in the ongoing development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We are looking for someone who is an RTPI member(or eligibility for), with post qualification experience, ideally in Infrastructures. You will have a business development attitude with a focus on providing excellent customer service. You will have experience in TWA/DCO with demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects. You will ideally be based in Leeds or Birmingham. However, we will consider candidates who are also based in London.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.