We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Planner to join our growing Infrastructure consents team. This will be a varied & interesting role requiring project and business management, from early project feasibility through to on-site delivery - providing consent and engagement advice and management to Infrastructure clients. Helping to manage and develop the profit centre to grow the business and further expand the team will be a key part of the role.
Existing clients include some of the largest infrastructure providers in the UK, such as Network Rail, HS2, Highways England and the Environment Agency. The wide client base ensures a variety of workload and experiences across all infrastructure sectors.
We welcome applications from candidates who are open to working in Leeds, Birmingham or the surrounding areas. We offer flexible working arrangement, a competitive salary as well as flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances.
- Management and co-ordination of the consents process, including TWA and DCO.
- Stakeholder management and local engagement.
- Representing consent and property interests on large infrastructure projects.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying new business opportunities across the Infrastructure sector.
- Assist in the delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Client management.
- Financial and client reporting.
- Identification and promotion of opportunities to ‘cross-sell’ all Carter Jonas services
- Participation in the ongoing development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We are looking for someone who is an RTPI member(or eligibility for), with post qualification experience, ideally in Infrastructures. You will have a business development attitude with a focus on providing excellent customer service. You will have experience in TWA/DCO with demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects. You will ideally be based in Leeds or Birmingham. However, we will consider candidates who are also based in London.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post qualification experience
- A background of infrastructure consents experience, dealing with large/complex issues
- RTPI member, or eligibility for
- TWA/DCO experience essential
- A track record of effective engagement with all levels of stakeholders, and ability to liaise with, and manage, engineering inputs for consent submissions
- Experience of delivering and managing multiple projects
- The ability to drive business initiatives forward in a confident and personable manner
- The ability to establish new and maintain existing relationships
- Sound team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Numerate with strong written and verbal communication
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Full UK driving licence
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm