We are seeking an experienced Building Surveyor to join our growing Building Consultancy team in Cambridge. The role is to manage and develop an existing client base offering a good variety of professional and project work with an emphasis on working with local Cambridge businesses, landlords and tenants on a predominately traditional building stock portfolio. Within the role there is good scope for business growth and to further your career.Involving frequent travel, this role will require a full driving license.
KEY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Providing professional and project services to an existing client base.
- Taking on new enquiries and developing new relationships.
- Carry out Building Surveys of all types of commercial buildings and residential properties.
- Preparation of Schedules of Dilapidations and subsequent negotiations with opposing clients and professional representatives.
- Project management, Contract Administration and design for refurbishment, conversion, and new build projects for commercial, rural, and residential premises.
- Prepare and issue feasibility studies working with other disciplines, as necessary.
- Undertake Principal Designer role for small projects where necessary to comply with CDM 2015 for in-house and external clients. Providing professional advice to clients and others as required.
- Provide Party Wall etc Act 1996 service to Building and Adjoining owners.
- Preparation of Schedules of Condition and subsequent negotiations with opposing client’s professional representatives.
- Prepare and advise clients on Preventative Planned Maintenance and strategies for implementing the same.
- Investigating and advising client on specific building problems / defects.
- Development Monitoring on behalf of a Landlord, Tenant or for bank lending purposes.
- Reinstatement Cost Assessment advice for a broad range of property types in locations across the UK.
- Provide support and advice to other members of the Architecture and Building Consultancy Department and assist with workload sharing where necessary.
- As part of this opportunity there is the potential to be involved in inter-business networking and socialising to promote Carter Jonas and your name in and around Cambridge.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in an ambitious company with modern state of the art offices and a friendly and sociable office environment.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS).
- Track record of delivering contract administration.
- Ability to demonstrate technical competence and defect diagnosis.
- Sound relevant experience with extensive industry knowledge of main Building Surveying activities.
- Good working knowledge of all relevant legislation.
- Presentational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Computer Aided Design Packages (AutoCad) and competence in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently at a professional level.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm