Due to continued growth within the Energy and Infrastructures team, our Cambridge office now has an exciting and varied Energy Specialist role for a proactive individual. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with industry knowledge and strong negotiation skills to join an expanding national team. The Energy Specialist will assist with the identification, negotiation, acquisition and development of energy projects across the UK. Our Energy services include Feasibility, Land Assembly, Grid Consultancy, Planning & Consenting, Energy Brokerage, Asset Management, Development Consultancy, Valuation & Due Diligence and Agency.
- Screening of potential energy development sites, evaluation and advising on opportunities. Completion and / or review of screening and feasibility studies reporting on site suitability.
- Drafting, negotiating, and agreeing heads of terms, and option & lease agreements. Completing detailed investment appraisals, due diligence, and valuations.
- Identifying and delivering / referring / executing brokerage opportunities.
- Preparation, submission, and management of grid connection applications, and liaison with the Distribution
- Network Operators and the National Grid to secure favourable grid connections.
- Drafting press articles, publications, newsletters, and research documents.
- Attending industry events & drafting press articles and publications to promote and develop business.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of advising and managing clients across multiple projects, including negotiating payment terms
- Relevant experience and achievements in the renewable energy sector.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of energy technologies and the various technical and environmental
- constraints involved.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, including report writing experience.
- Experience of public speaking
- Full driving licence.
- Competencies/Behaviours: Commercially astute
- Team player
- Self-motivated with drive to succeed Strong analytical and communication skills
- Business development skills
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm