Carter Jonas are recruiting an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior GIS Technician into our Geospatial hub in Birmingham. This is an opportunity to create applications, ETL workflows and analytic tools that support some of the country’s biggest investment decisions.
This role is in a flat structured team that has a substantial track record for delivering innovative solutions. Our vision of leadership is the ability to respond positively to challenges, and every opinion is heard.
We are looking for a GIS professional with experience of scripting who wants to grow as a developer or consultant in a supportive environment. The main duties are:
- Develop effective and engaging software applications and components using GIS development technology
- Assist in the development and integration of data sets and web services
- Use scripting and ETL tools to automate workflows and repetitive tasks
- Create and modify spatial databases, tables, views, queries and stored procedures for use by applications and websites
- Provide data management support and data development as required
- Provide project management to agreed requirements, budgets and timescales
- Provide support and maintenance for the developed solutions
- Degree in GIS or Computing
- ETL workflows using FME
- Data modelling and schema design in MSSQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Developing contemporary web technologies HTML, PHP, Bootstrap
- Desktop GIS in ESRI ArcGIS 10x, ArcGIS Pro and QGIS
- Web GIS in ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server
- ArcGIS Mobile or ESRI Collector App, Survey 123
- Knowledge of UK GIS datasets
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm