We are recruiting a Senior Surveyor to join our Rural Infrastructure team based in Leeds or Warrington, this is a varied & interesting role including valuation, negotiation, acquisition and compulsory purchase advice to Infrastructure, Energy and Public Sector clients. Managing and developing the profit centre to grow the business further. The role will be across our full range of services, advising major infrastructure providers such as Network Rail, HS2 and other public sector bodies; together with private landowners and developers involved in the promotion of energy schemes.
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities.
- Pro-actively participate in the management and development of a strong team.
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implement policy as required and ensure legal, professional and corporate compliance on all work carried out.
- Provide sound CJ financial and client reporting as required from time to time.
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new fee opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency.
- To handle, with minimal assistance a range of client instructions
- Secure new instructions from existing and new clients
- Assist the team partners with presentations to win new business and handling larger instructions requiring team working
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking a Surveyor with post qualification experience within a similar role, with excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients. The chosen Surveyor will have the ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines, with strong analytical and report writing skills and commercial Acumen.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm