We are excited to be recruiting a senior planner to join our growing Planning & Development north team in Leeds. The experienced planner with assist senior members in the preparation of planning appraisals, site assessments, planning applications, local plan representations and appeal statements. They will also work as part of the wider team in developing new client and consultant relationships and enhancing existing relationships.
- Assist and at the discretion of the Partner/Associate Partner in charge to assume direct responsibility for:
- The provision of professional planning advice to clients on a variety of planning matters
- Prepare Planning Appraisal Reports, strategy advice and recommendations
- Written representations, informal hearings and public inquiry appeals
- Prepare and submit applications for Certificates of Lawfulness
- Preparing and submitting Local Plan representations and taking them through the adoption process
- Making representations on behalf of clients to Local Plans through evidence at Local Plan Inquiries Contributing towards the smooth running of the Planning & Development Division and Carter Jonas.
- Negotiations with local authorities and other statutory undertakers on behalf of clients on planning applications and other planning related matters
- Preparing and submitting grounds for appeal
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL
The ideal candidate will have at least two years post qualification experience in a planning consultancy role with experience in consulting and/or local authority. As a senior planner you will be have strong knowledge of the local area and be up to date with market changes. You will have experience in supporting and managing junior team members, including graduates. You will be ambitious and proactive in your own development as well as contribution to the success of the team, division and firm.
WHY CARTER JONAS?
Based in our Leeds office, it is a fantastic central location in the heart of the city and a short walk from the train station. We offer an excellent salary package as well as a varied range of benefits including flexible perks to suit your personal circumstances.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm