Our highly successful Rural Infrastructure team has an exciting opportunity to recruit a Senior Project Manager, we are currently engaged providing services to many of the UKs major infrastructure projects and we are a main supplier to HS2, Network Rail, Severn Trent and Highways England. We provide our clients with advice on all property related matters, valuations, surveys, associated reports, the negotiation of detailed Heads of Terms and preparation and presentation of Business Cases for approval to acquire properties on behalf of project sponsors.
Initially the role will be to support the Programme Manager to deliver on our contracts with HS2 work, with your primary focus being on supporting the management of HS2's portfolio of nearly 2000 properties. As with all governmental projects there are statutory requirements that need to be met and an integral part of this role is assuring that all governance and internal and client led KPI’s are adhered to. CJ are responsible for proactively updating HS2’s systems and direct reporting to the client.
We have a broad infrastructure and energy client base with projects involving road, rail, solar and utilities. You will take on a client facing role in supporting these as they evolve, scheduling work, assessing resource requirements, managing risk, and increasing efficiency through delivering projects that identify and exploit opportunities to reduce waste, increase competitiveness and create growth.
Carter Jonas is embarking on a digital and operational transformation. We are developing a Programme and Project Management Centre of Excellence (CoE) that will provide market leading advice, support, and delivery to both internal and external clients in a way that compliments our current service offering. You will be central to the design and delivery of the CoE, supporting the creation of strategy and the operating model, taking a leading role in the creation the necessary processes and digital systems, driving innovation and delivering services to our clients.
- Planning, coordinating and leading the delivery of management, professional and agency instructions in line with Client KPIs.
- Working with Partners to establish the Project & Programme Management Centre of Excellence.
- Plan and deliver projects to increase customer value, reduce waste and support wider digital transformation programme.
- Working with Clients, Partners and team members to identify opportunities to improve all aspects of delivery and effect timely resolution to problems.
- Identifying opportunities to cross sell other disciplines from across the firm including Planning and Development, commercial and energy work. Where such potential is identified to liaise with team members across divisions to deliver client work.
- Working with the Partners to expand this aspect of the business.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Experience in project and programme management including understanding, project planning, risk, issue and dependency management, resource planning & forecasting, financial management and analysis and reporting.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate multidisciplinary delivery teams.
- Ability identify and evaluate options, solve problems and make rational, evidence based decisions. Experience of Lean 6 Sigma will be an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to present convincing arguments for change.
- Excellent ability to build working relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm