We have an opportunity to recruit a Senior Project Manager into our highly successful infrastructure team in Birmingham, who are currently engaged providing services to many of the UKs major infrastructure projects and we are a main supplier to HS2, National Highways and Network Rail. We provide our clients with advice on all property related matters, valuations, surveys, associated reports, the negotiation of detailed Heads of Terms and preparation and presentation of Business Cases for approval to acquire properties on behalf of project sponsors.
Initially this role will be to lead the delivery work nationally for our client Network Rail where you would be central to managing the workload of a team of chartered surveyors delivering plots of land both on a temporary and permanent basis in order to enable the client to complete railway improvements, repairs and upgrades. As with all governmental projects there are statutory requirements that need to be met and an integral part of this role is assuring that all governance and internal and client led KPI’s are adhered to.
- Planning, coordinating and leading the delivery of management, professional and agency instructions in line with Client KPIs.
- Working with Partners to establish the Project & Programme Management service offering
- Plan and deliver projects to increase customer value, reduce waste and support wider digital transformation programme.
- Working with Clients, Partners and team members to identify opportunities to improve all aspects of delivery and effect timely resolution to problems.
- Identifying opportunities to cross sell other disciplines from across the firm including Planning and Development, commercial and energy work. Where such potential is identified to liaise with team members across divisions to deliver client work.
- Working with the Partners to expand this aspect of the business.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
Carter Jonas has a broad infrastructure and energy client base with projects involving road, rail, solar and utilities. The chosen Senior Project Manager will take on a client facing role in supporting these as they evolve, scheduling work, assessing resource requirements, managing risk, and increasing efficiency through delivering projects that identify and exploit opportunities to reduce waste, increase competitiveness and create growth.
You will be central to the design and delivery of the team, supporting the creation of strategy and the operating model, taking a leading role in the creation the necessary processes and digital systems, driving innovation and delivering services to our clients. Carter Jonas are embarking on a digital and operational transformation, we are developing a Programme and Project Management offering that will provide market leading advice, support, and delivery to both internal and external clients in a way that complements our current range service.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm