We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Chartered Surveyor to bring their industry experience and knowledge to our Corporate Real Estate team in London. The focus will be on servicing largely industrial-based clients in the UK. Broadly an industrial agency role, focussed on the tenant occupier side, with a strong base of existing corporate real estate clients. The role will include disposal (lettings/sales and surrenders), as well as acquisition work (Design and Build, as well as site and buildings), together with consultancy that goes with managing portfolios, thus lease events and industrial-specific advice.
This is a varied and exciting role for someone who has the desire to build client relations and manage an existing portfolio (mainly industrial property) to help deliver and exceed the required client service and help grow the team. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to broaden your knowledge, utilise your experience to date and have the ability to identify and implement asset management opportunities within a highly reputable team in the market.
The role will be based in our London HQ office, which is centrally located just a short walk from Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations. We offer a competitive salary package as well as an excellent range of benefits including flexible options to suit your personal circumstances.
Day to day management of mixed property advisory activities including
- Reporting on disposal properties
- Assisting and managing disposals including lettings and sales
- Managing acquisitions including reporting of availability and negotiation
- Assisting and preparing board reports for sanction of property transactions
- Business development networking with industrial agents
- Pro-actively participate in the management and development of a strong team
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new fee opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency
- Secure new instructions from existing and new clients
- Assist the team partners with presentations to win new business and handling larger instructions requiring team working
- Increase the profile of the Carter Jonas Commercial Division
- Actively seeking and delivering cross-selling opportunities across other offices and Divisions
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional relevant duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will be RICS qualified with at least two years PQE in a commercial surveying role. You will have gained experience within an industrial agency role, with a focus on the tenant occupier side as well as managing corporate real estate clients. Experience of disposal and acquisition work would also be valuable. As a successful surveyor, you will have excellent communication skills to develop and build client relationships and will be able to manage multiple projects effectively to meet deadlines.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
A full job description can be available on request.