Carter Jonas is growing and we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Surveyor/Associate to join us in our busy new Commercial team in Birmingham. If you have broad experience gained in commercial property, preferably in the Midlands and you have the appetite and commitment to help drive our growth we would love to hear from you. The role will focus on generating fees from client instructions through the management of existing clients and the securing of new clients. We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits and are open to flexible working arrangements. Our Birmingham office is located a short walk from New Street and Snowhill stations, ideal for anyone looking to work in a central location.
Day to day management of mixed property advisory activities including
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities.
- Pro-actively participate in the management and development of a strong team.
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implement policy as required and ensure legal, professional and corporate compliance on all work carried out.
- Provide sound CJ financial and client reporting as required from time to time.
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new fee opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency.
- To handle, with minimal assistance a range of client instructions
- Secure new instructions from existing and new clients
- Assist the team partners with presentations to win new business and handling larger instructions requiring team working
- Increase the profile of the C&S team and Carter Jonas Commercial Division
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
- Actively seeking and delivering cross-selling opportunities across other offices and Divisions
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional relevant duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will be RICS qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience in Commercial Property, gained in transactional, valuation and/or development work. You will have the ability to work at a strategic level, developing new and existing client relationships and multi-task effectively to meet deadlines. This is a varied and exciting role with the scope to specialise and progress in line with your strengths and experience.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
For more information or a full job description please contact the recruitment team