We have an exciting growth opportunity for experienced RICS registered valuer to join our growing residential valuations team based in Bristol as a Senior Surveyor. Our valuations team work with a wide range of clients including banks, solicitors, private investors and local authorities within the South West of England and South Wales. As a Senior Surveyor, you will contribute to the growth of the residential valuations business and will help to strengthen relations with our existing/new clients. You will contribute to the growth and development of the valuations team by helping to mentor and train the more junior members.As an ambitious and growing business, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can establish themselves and make a significant contribution to developing this business. We offer a highly competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave, pension contribution, life assurance and flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Work within the existing valuation team in Bristol, providing valuations for loan security (vacant possession and investment), internal decision-making purposes, tax and financial reporting purposes.
- Carry out inspections, calculating floor and site areas, comparable research, demographic and economic research, planning and statutory enquiries
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying new business opportunities across the residential valuation sector.
- Assist in the delivery of major projects.
- Financial and client reporting.
- Delivery of valuation reports in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
- Participation in the ongoing development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional relevant duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You will be a RICS registered valuer/ MRICS charted surveyor with at substantial post qualification experience ideally within residential valuations. You will have prior experience of working with a wide range if stakeholders and good working knowledge of all relevant legislation. The successful candidate will be confident, technically competent, numerate and have excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Additionally, you will have experience of delivering and managing multiple projects, be competent with MS Office and hold a full UK driving licence.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm