Due to the growth of our London Commercial Property and Asset Management team we are now seeking an experienced Senior Surveyor/Associate level surveyor to join our HQ office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level. The successful Associate will be responsible for estate, asset and property management of a varied public sector property portfolio within the home counties. They will also assist with the growth of the firm’s Commercial Property and Asset Management strengthening Carter Jonas’ profile within this market.
- Estate, asset and property management of a varied public sector property portfolio within the northern home counties
- Assisting with management of the London Office Commercial Property & Asset Management team
- Liaison with the Head of Commercial Client accounting to help deliver a first class client service
- Collection of rents and other monies due, including chasing of arrears
- Assisting with the preparation of service charge budgets and issue of certificates and additional invoices following service charge reconciliation.
- Administration of property insurance including apportionment of premiums, raising and issue of invoices
- Maintaining property inspection schedules, arranging annual and other inspections as necessary
- Assisting with annual, monthly and other inspections
- Dealing with rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Identifying and implementing asset management opportunities
- Liaising with Clients, tenants and contractors.
- Providing accurate, timely client reports.
- Ensuring H&S compliance for the clients portfolio and tenants H&S compliance
- Writing detailed property reports and recommendations to clients.
- Organising repair and maintenance work, including liaising with tenants and contractors, arranging access and checking that works are completed
- Using and assisting with the maintenance of records on the TRAMPS property management and accounting system
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
You will have at least 3 years post MRICS qualification experience, ideally within a Commercial Management role with a proven track record in developing new and existing client relationships to contribute towards the success of the business. You will also have the ability to manage and develop a team for maximum efficiency in achieving business objectives and provide excellent level of client service to a wide range of property industry and public clients.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Our London HQ office is in a prime central location, situated just a short walk from Oxford Circus and Bond Street Underground stations.
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm