An opportunity has arisen to join Carter Jonas' Oxford commercial agency team based in Summertown, Oxford, either at Senior Surveyor or Associate level, depending on experience. The agency team forms part of a 100 strong multi-disciplined office.
The Commercial team currently deals with a wide range of assets and clients, including current letting instructions at Silverstone Park, Tungsten Park in Witney and The Oxford Science Park, alongside numerous stand alone instructions. In addition to our disposal work we act for various clients in an acquisition role, for both investment and occupancy purposes as well as giving general consultancy work.
Oxford is at the heart of the rapidly evolving science sector and, whilst Carter Jonas is already actively involved in this market, the applicant will be expected to work within this sector as well as help source new instructions.
- Dealing with agency and acquisition instructions
- Pitch and win new work
- Attend client meetings
- Provide advice on commercial agency matters to internal teams and clients
- Provide reports and data to clients
- Seek out acquisition work from enquiries and build up new contacts in the market place both agency and client related
- Update agency website and all systems including agency register
- Check production of particulars and supply of PDF from designers
- Recognise and act upon PR opportunities
- Develop an annual fee income agreed with Partner
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities.
- Pro-actively participate in the management and development of a strong team.
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implement policy as required and ensure legal, professional and corporate compliance on all work carried out.
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new fee opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency.
- Secure new instructions from existing and new clients
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The chosen Surveyor will be expected to fit into a small but successful team, prepared to deal with a range of instructions and clients, both from an existing instruction base and through new business development. The chosen candidate have excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively. The ability of multitasking to meet deadlines is required and knowledge of current best practice and legislation.
Knowledge of the Oxfordshire market is preferred but not essential.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm