We are recruiting for a Senior Surveyor to work within the Measured Survey team based in either our Northampton or Birmingham offices. We are seeking someone with the desire to build good client relationships and deliver an existing portfolio of works to a high standard. We offer a varied and exciting role based primarily in the land, property and infrastructure sectors with the opportunity for a Senior Surveyor to utilise existing experience, develop new skills and be part of a growing team.
You will undertake measured surveys, setting out and laser scanning across the UK in a variety of environments, processing your work and checking the work of others to ensure that our standards are adhered to. You will mentor junior members of the team and assist in developing the Measured Survey capability.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or HND or equivalent in surveying or a related discipline and 3 to 5 years experience in a similar environment. You will be a member of a professional body or working towards chartered status.
- Working throughout the UK
- Carrying out topographical surveys to a high standard using total stations and GNSS.
- Undertake measured building surveys, boundary surveys and laser scanning.
- Responsible for processing your own work from field to finish.
- Production of plans, drawings, models and reports.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar sector.
- Degree, HND or equivalent in surveying or a related discipline
- Working towards chartered status.
- Experienced in carrying out topographical surveys.
- Experienced in carrying out measured building surveys.
- Knowledge of boundary disputes and boundary determination surveys advantageous.
- Experienced in the use of Trimble total stations, GNSS, laser scanners and other survey equipment.
- Good knowledge of Trimble Business Centre and AutoCAD software.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm