Our Commercial division is growing and we are now looking to hire an experienced Commercial Surveyor with a focus on retail and leisure to help build our business further. Based at our Bristol office, the successful surveyor will help to generate fees from a largely retail and leisure client instructions, to let, sell and acquire space across the UK through the management of existing landlord and tenant client requirements and securing new clients. Ability or willingness to work on our extensive rent review/ lease renewal portfolio would be an added advantage. This is an exciting time to be joining Carter Jonas as we continue to build and grow our business nationally.
- Dealing with enquiries via email/ internet and telephone, arranging inspections, negotiating terms and working with other professionals to reach speedy completions
- Operating independently, where necessary, in the entire letting/sale agency process for instructions from inspection and measurement, reviewing market evidence/conditions, reading leases, reporting with recommendations, marketing, negotiating transactions and providing client recommendations
- Advising acquiring clients on potential new sites, market conditions, recommendations, negotiating terms and then managing the process to conclusion
- Engaging with rent reviews, lease renewals and re-gears
- Assisting Partners with bigger development and acquisition projects across the UK
A full job description is available on request.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking someone with post qualification experience (or equivalent) in a commercial surveying environment with a focus on retail and leisure. You will have demonstrable knowledge of the Bristol market and will thrive off developing new and existing client relationships. As an experienced surveyor, you will be able to negotiate well and manage landlord and tenant requirements to a high level.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm