We are seeking a qualified chartered surveyor to bring their experience and enthusiasm to our Lease Advisory team based at our head office in London. The post holder will take responsibility for all the day-to-day activities associated with a varied lease portfolio involving a mix of retail, office and industrial properties across the UK.This is an excellent opportunity for a surveyor who wants to build a career in the landlord and tenant sector and who would relish a hands-on role working across a broad range of instructions across our diverse retained client base.
- Ability to demonstrate good level of L&T knowledge/experience to date
- Rent reviews and lease renewal instructions
- Lease and asset management opportunities
- Inspecting and measuring properties
- Comparable evidence gathering
- Preparation of client schedules and lease event reports
- Client liaison and reporting
- Attending meetings with clients, opposing advisors and colleagues
- Pro-actively participate in the growth of the lease advisory team
- Looking to identify and secure new instructions from existing and new clients
- Assisting lease advisory team Partners with larger instructions, client relationships and business generation
- Working with other Carter Jonas’s other commercial teams to develop new fee opportunities (cross selling) and to maintain consistency and efficiency
- Ability to promote lease advisory team within Carter Jonas and beyond
The role will involve a good deal of time on-site and travel across the UK, although most of the London team’s work is within Greater London and across the South. Carter Jonas embraces flexible working, with the focus being on the best approach to deliver results for our clients and the most effective and rewarding environment for our staff.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
To succeed in this role, you’ll be a chartered surveyor with significant post qualification experience and will have strong communication skills, have attention to detail, be a great problem solver and have drive and motivation to succeed. You’ll be fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of MS Office programmes including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Additionally, you’ll have strong analytical and report writing skills and good commercial acumen.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm