An exciting and strategic new role has arisen for an experienced surveyor to join our Consultancy & Strategy (C&S) team in London. The C&S team act for a wide range of clients across the UK in the provision of strategically led property advice. In addition to the healthcare sector, the team’s client groups include local and national government, blue light emergency services, charities and NGOs.We are seeking an experienced surveyor, ideally currently be working in an advisory capacity in the healthcare sector, and able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the operational and policy frameworks involved and the business opportunities that exist. We offer an excellent salary and reward package, with flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances. We also welcome applications from those seeking flexible working arrangements and encourage conversations around this.
- Increase the profile of the healthcare sector working within our C&S team (part of the Carter Jonas Commercial Division).
- Secure new instructions from existing and new clients.
- To handle, with minimal assistance a range of client instructions.
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new fee opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency.
- Assist with presentations to win new business and handling larger instructions requiring team working.
- Actively seeking and delivering cross-selling opportunities across other offices and Divisions
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities.
- Pro-actively participate in the management and development of a strong team.
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implement policy as required and ensure legal, professional, and corporate compliance on all work carried out.
- Provide sound CJ financial and client reporting as required from time to time.
A full job description can be provided on request to the recruitment team.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
You will be an experienced chartered surveyor with at least 5 years post qualification experience within a commercial environment. You will have gained public sector experience, ideally with a focus on healthcare. The role requires the successful candidate to work closely with a Partner (dedicated to this sector) and to actively contribute towards expanding our presence in the sector, not only from an NHS perspective but also in respect of private sector participation. Ideally you will be a registered valuer (although not essential) with Argus appraisal experience. There will be a requirement to fully understand the wider business expertise of Carter Jonas and to integrate the various skills available within the firm as an integral part of the advice provided to existing and new healthcare sector clients. You will have experience in assisting with responses to published Bid Opportunities as well as the preparation of proposal documents
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm