We're looking for an experienced Surveyor who has experience within the telecoms sector, ideally MRICS qualified and a registered valuer due to an increase in client base and instructions over the last 12 months. The role would suit someone who has a background operating in estate or portfolio management, or infrastructure asset/portfolio management. You will be focussed less on transactional matters but rather providing strategic and tactical advice along with supporting on litigation and expert witness reports to internal and external clients. Due to the scope of Carter Jonas' work in infrastructures and beyond, there are opportunities to broaden experience across property consultancy.
As sector specialists in fixed, mobile and broadcast telecoms property advice, we help clients to understand complex issues and risks to their property and land where it is impacted by existing and proposed rights. Those clients range from private individuals to international property investment funds across all asset types and regions of the UK.
Our multi-disciplinary approach to telecoms will see you working with colleagues from our wider infrastructures team and also the other divisions within Carter Jonas to deliver class leading advice and thought leadership to existing and new clients. This role expects candidates to have experience in providing written and verbal advice to clients, backed by a deep understanding of the market, case law, the Code and landlord and tenant matters.
- Assist in leading and delivering professional services for telecommunication projects for a range of public and private clients.
- Assist in the management and guidance of all activities undertaken in the area.
- Provide specialist advice in respect of statutory and sectorial process changes
- The negotiation and management of lease events and asset acquisition and disposals.
- Identification and optimisation of opportunities and the mitigation of risks and liabilities.
- An active role in the continuous development of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are looking for someone with the ability to drive business initiatives forward in a confident and personable manner and able to establish new and maintain existing relationships. The Surveyor chosen for the role will have sound team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients, competent in people management initiatives, who is numerate with strong written and verbal communication. A good working knowledge of relevant legislation and case law.
Location - Ideally the chosen candidate will be London, Oxford, Winchester, Bristol based or be able to travel to one of those offices. However, we will consider applicants outside of these areas.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm