An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience Surveyor to join our growing Infrastructures Surveying team in Birmingham as a Senior Surveyor, with valuation experience. As a Senior Surveyor you will provide services including temporary access, acquisition, CPO, compensation and valuation advice to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects including Rail, Road, Energy and Transport. To assist in leading, developing and delivering 'best in class' strategic and tactical advice to clients in the infrastructure sector.This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Surveyor looking to take the next step in their Surveying career in Birmingham/Midlands area. Our Birmingham office is in a fantastic central location, with close access to both New Street and Snow Hill stations. We offer a competitive salary package including flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances. We welcome applications from those seeking flexible working arrangements.
Infrastructures & Energy
- Assist in the delivery of major Infrastructure projects for National Bodies and Corporate investors.
- Delivery of valuation reports in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
- Develop and undertake new business/relationship opportunities and drive forward initiatives in the local area
- Source sites for Infrastructure developments
- Undertake option and lease negotiations, valuations and general professional negotiations
- Feasibility and development appraisals
- Site brokerage and at all times ensuring that high quality standards of service level and professional behaviour are adhered to
- Negotiation of disturbance claims following works.
- Assist in the management and guidance of all activities undertaken in the area.
- Provide specialist advice in respect of statutory and sectorial process changes
- Identification and optimisation of opportunities and the mitigation of risks and liabilities.
- Implementing new policies and procedures to increase productivity and efficiency
- Leading on opportunities through to acquisition, including detailed due diligence, the negotiation of transfer agreements, and project management of capital works where necessary
- Effective team working in light and heavy matrix scenarios moving between the client and Carter Jonas’s offices and teams.
- An active role in the continuous development of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Management of surveyors working across the team
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team through their professional development
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will have at least 2 years post qualification experience in a valuation and/or infrastructures surveying role and will ideally be a registered RICS Valuer. You will have a strong understanding of the local market as well as experience in Compulsory Purchase/Compensation. You will have excellent organisation and time management skills with a proven track record of dealing with multiple projects at any one time. You will be proactive, passionate and committed with a drive to achieve successful outcomes. Travel will also be expected as part of the role and therefore a Full Driving Licence would be required.
- Approachable – we treat every relationship with respect, integrity & warmth
- Effective – we do what we say we will, we do it well & we’re accountable
- Ambitious – we are ambitious for our clients and our firm