We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Surveyor (RICS) to join a new Rural team based in Birmingham to provide quality driven services to clients with rural property assets, both in the private and institutional sectors in the Midlands.Historically we have provided Rural services across all the counties of Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire from our adjoining regional centres in Shrewsbury, Oxford, Northampton and York. Over the last four years Carter Jonas has created a highly successful multidisciplinary office in Birmingham which has expanded to provide an operational centre for over 100 professionals. The Partnership has now committed to invest in developing a new regional delivery team focused on clients with rural property assets.
- Valuation of rural property for loan security purposes including farms, estates, and residential property.
- responsible for delivering a mixture of valuation, landlord and tenant, Farm and Land sales, BPS, Countryside Stewardship, grants, and other professional work.
- identifying opportunities to cross sell other disciplines from across the firm including Planning and Development, commercial and energy work. Where such potential is identified to liaise with team members across divisions to deliver client work.
- Working with the Partners to expand this aspect of the business.
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities including general professional work.
- Client relationship management.
- Participation in the development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
- Pro-active self development and support in the development of team members.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Good working knowledge of Estate Management issues
- Excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Good negotiating and presentational skills
- The ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of relevant agricultural tenancy legislation and practical farming
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm