We are seeking a Senior Surveyor / Property Manager to work within our Infrastructure team covering a national portfolio of properties on behalf of a major infrastructure client.
Day to day management of rural portfolio including:
- Assist with organising repair and maintenance work for residential properties, including liaising with tenants and contractors, arranging access and checking that works are completed
- Maintain property inspection schedules, arranging annual and other inspections as necessary
- Assist with annual, monthly and other inspections
- Collection of rents and other monies due, including chasing of arrears
- Deal with basic rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Identify and implementing asset management opportunities
- Liaise with Clients, tenants and contractors.
- Provide accurate, timely client reports.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of appropriate legislation
- Undertake site visits where necessary to read meters, undertake audible fire alarm tests, meet contractors and to carry out basic inspections
- Use and assisting with the maintenance of records on the TRAMPS property management and accounting system
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
Previous experience of property management, ability to learn, operate and train within the office on specialist and Microsoft office IT Systems, have excellent communication skills, written and verbally. Have great experience in dealing with clients, tenants and contractors. Be a good time keeper with the ability to prioritise workloads. Knowledge of compliance and CDM regulations will be helpful, but not essential. You will need a driving licence, with the ability to travel to client properties.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm