Looking for a career in property? We would love to hear from you!We have a fantastic opening for a Trainee Property Manager to join our busy Lettings team in Cambridge. This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent customer service skills looking to take the first step into property management. A typical day in Property Management will vary, key tasks could include carrying out inventories, move ins & checkouts while out of the office. Responsibilities in the office include assisting the lettings team by dealing with maintenance issues raised by tenants and liaising with landlords/contractors to ensure repairs are carried out in a prompt manner. Problem solving under pressure and the ability to build long term relationships with clients is essential.
- Conduct check-ins & check-outs liaise with all parties to negotiate a speedy and satisfactory conclusion
- Visiting properties to create inventory documentation
- Liaise with contractors to ensure all works orders are actioned promptly & efficiently
- To administer the management of let residential properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems arising during the tenancy, managing any repairs.
- Follow up on inspections of all properties, advising Landlords of any changes or issues arising. Promptly notifying tenants of any areas where action is required.
- Identify and recommend need for property upgrades and refurbishment, organising any between tenancy work, including that arising from dilapidations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law.
- Support the excellent reputation of Carter Jonas by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants who visit or contact the office
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record & key keeping and communications to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance
- Be a positive influence within the team helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment
- Contribute to the success of Carter Jonas with regard to cross-selling and other opportunities by understanding the functions of and communicating effectively with other departments.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
The ideal candidate will need strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel. You will have a professional outlook and contribute to the success of a busy team. Experience is not essential however you must be efficient and proactive under the pressures of a busy office.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.