An exciting new opportunity has arisen some an experienced Valuation Surveyor to join our growing Commercial team in Leeds. Based in the city centre, we currently provide a wide range of commercial and residential valuations and development appraisals across Yorkshire. We value for all the clearing banks, a wide range of second tier and challenger banks, local authorities, developers, house builders, landed estates, public bodies, schools and universities, accountants and solicitors. We value within most sectors; industrial, retail, office, educational, leisure (although not trading) and residential; for loan security (vacant possession and investment), acquisition or disposal, tax and financial reporting purposes. We are looking for an engaging, hardworking individual, able to work independently, however, able to fit in with an established team of currently 5 surveyors. We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including at least 25 days annual leave, 4% matched pension and life assurance. We also offer flexible benefits allowing you to choose a benefits package to suit your personal circumstances.
- Work within the existing valuation team in Leeds, providing valuations for a wide range of purposes.
- Carry out inspections, calculate floor and site areas, comparable research, demographic and economic research, planning and statutory enquiries, company trading analysis, lease reading and summarising, development / option agreement reading and reviewing, preparation of valuations / development appraisals
- As part of the team you will be expected to work with and procure clients for continued valuation instructions.
- Valuations may be individual instructions or as part of a portfolio
- The successful candidate must be capable of producing full RICS Red Book Valuations to a completed stage, to be peer reviewed by a partner. As part of team we acknowledge new scenarios arise and assistance and mentoring will be available in appropriate situations
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage their own time to provide reports in a timely manner. Hours may be outside normal working hours, however, we accept a reasonable ‘give and take’ mature working culture.
- Participation in the ongoing development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
We cover the whole of Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and north Derbyshire. We value a wide range of properties including:
- Residential development (Greenfield / brownfield development sites and redevelopment of existing buildings, including permitted development rights projects)
- Viability assessments for developers and local authorities
- Commercial and mixed use developments
- Industrial and warehouses
- Offices (in town and out of town)
- Retail (high street and retail warehouses)
- Educational sector (Universities, FE Colleges and Schools)
- Specialist property valuations
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will have at least two years post qualification experience and will be MRICS or FRICS registered Valuer. We currently have two partners in the team and therefore remain open to a wide range of possibilities in terms of level and experience. You will have good working knowledge of Red Book and relevant legislation. As an experienced Surveyor, you will have demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects and working to tight deadlines. You will have strong knowledge of the local and regional markets and may have contacts with local banks and developers. We are looking for someone with ambition, who is keen on self development as well as seeking opportunities to grow and develop business for the team and firm.
A full job description can be provided on request.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm