Before Acquiring Authorities can authorise the taking of land for development (whether the purpose is for projects in transport, utilities, residential, commercial or infrastructure) it has to show that every effort has been made to identify parties whose land and rights might be affected.
The people who do this are called Land Referencers, and here at Carter Jonas our diversely skilled individuals work on some of the UK’s largest and significant projects for a wide variety of public and private sector clients using knowledge in Compulsory Purchase Orders, Transport and Works Act Orders, Development Consent Orders and Hybrid Bills.
We use a proven methodology, and our practices and processes ensure diligent enquiries are undertaken. This process driven methodology means that all known parties who are potentially affected by the proposed development will be notified in accordance with the legislation guidelines under which the project is being delivered.
- Land access negotiation
- Land Registry affected parties investigations
- Affected party enquiries (Site surveys / Requests for Information)
- Site boundary disputes and resolutions
- GIS Portal hosting
- Land Ownership plan production
- Land Ownership Schedule / Book of Reference production
- Affected parties listings
- Postal Notice Serving (including proofs)
- Site Notice Posting (including proofs)
- Site Notice Maintenance and Removal (including proofs)
- Land acquisition negotiation