Land East Of High St, Hanging Heaton WF12
C. 4.35 acres (1.76 ha) with a residential housing allocation for 61 dwellings.
The property extends to approximately c. 4.35 acres (1.76 ha) as outlined in red on the plan.
The land is bounded by a tree belt running along the eastern boundary with open fields to the north and existing residential dwellings to the south.
There is a public footpath running along the western boundary of the site
The village has a good range of local amenities including a Junior and Infant School rated “Good” by Ofsted, Golf and Cricket Clubs, convenience stores and a Pub. The nearby towns of Dewsbury and Batley provide an extensive range of amenities.
The site benefits from good transport links via Leeds Road towards the M62 and M1. It is well served by public transport with four bus stops on High Street. Dewsbury railway station is approximately 1.5 miles south west of the site and Batley railway station is approximately 1 mile north west of the site, both stations offer half-hourly services to Leeds City Centre.
The site is allocated for housing under the reference HS51 within the Kirklees Local Plan adopted 27th February 2019 with an indicative capacity for 61 dwellings.
A Planning Appraisal on the site has been prepared by Carter Jonas’ Planning Team and is available within the Dataroom.
METHOD OF SALE
Our clients are intending to enter into a short term Option, Promotion Agreement or Conditional Contract with a Development Partner to continue the promotion of the site for residential development through the planning process.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit a “subject to contract” proposal addressing the following:
1. The term required under the Agreement
2. Any payment/premium.
3. Details of the proposed percentage of Market Value/split of proceeds along with a Guaranteed Minimum Price.
4. Details of your experience and expertise dealing with sites of this size and nature, together with confirmation that there is no conflict of interest.
5. Confirmation of any specific obligations/ conditions envisaged under the Proposed Development Agreement.
6. Your proposed contribution towards the Vendor’s reasonable legal and surveyor’s fees associated with the Agreement.
7. Confirmation as to Solicitors and any other Professionals that you intend to appoint to act on your behalf.
We are seeking offers to be submitted either via email to Steven Soper email@example.com or in writing to 9 Bond Court, Leeds, LS1 2JZ by 12 Noon Thursday 12th March 2020.
Each offer should address all of the points set out above. We may wish to discuss any offer submitted in further detail and/or invite you for further discussion.
Our clients do not undertake to accept the highest bid or indeed any bid.