For infrastructure and utility clients obtaining appropriate rights for access onto land to carry out works is fundamental and plays a vital part in the successful delivery of capital works programmes and projects. Our clients rely on our experience in negotiating easements and wayleaves for a range of purposes, and we have acted across many sectors including electricity and gas, water, transport and rail.
Carter Jonas’ infrastructure team is experienced with negotiating land entry for maintenance of existing assets as well as securing rights for new infrastructure, from underground pipes, cables to acquisition of land for above ground operational installations.
Our project experience further extends to renewable energy and having acted on a number of high profile rail and other utility projects gives us unparalelled depth of expertise.
Carter Jonas can also advise on the appropriate use of statutory powers to carry out works on private land. Our services include:
- Project scope and acquisitions strategy
- Property cost estimates
- Referencing of land affected
- Advice on appropriate use of statutory powers/necessary wayleaves
- Negotiating easement and wayleave rights
- Service of notice and negotiation of claims
- Production of easement plans and drawings
- Records of condition for land and buildings.