Masterplanning and Architecture
Carter Jonas’ highly-skilled urban design and architectural design teams work together with planning, property and infrastructure colleagues to develop commercially-informed design proposals, ranging:
- from 1 acre to 500 hectares;
- greenfield, brownfield and town centre settings;
- across the full range of land uses and combinations of land uses; and
- at all stages of the design process from planning policy through to promotion documents, planning applications, delivery documents, detailed design and construction.
Our work is informed by a design sensibility tuned to the qualities and traditions of English landscape, settlement, and architecture. Working side-by-side with our commercial, planning and development colleagues we prepare sound strategic land proposals, regeneration frameworks, and architectural schemes.
The design team is comprised of over twenty professionals located in offices in London, Cambridge and Newbury. The team is capable of providing a wide range of masterplanning and urban design services from all three offices, and a specialist architecture service out of the Newbury and London offices branded as Sutton Griffin www.suttongriffin.co.uk. When the full suite of design services is needed all three offices work jointly to vision, design and deliver schemes. The entire team is underpinned by considerable market intelligence in residential and commercial sectors within Carter Jonas and its national network.
- A cohesive, highly-engaged team with extensive experience and national recognition
- Capable of undertaking all stages of design work from master planning to urban design through to architectural design and construction
- Experienced working with private, public and third sector clients
- An integral part of Carter Jonas’ wider planning, development and commercial consultancy with strong commercial understanding nous and intelligence
- A multi-specialist team with particular expertise in town centre regeneration, urban design frameworks and architecture
Our masterplanning and urban design services include:
- Preparation of planning applications and Design & Access Statements
- Site promotion documents including high-quality graphic designed brochures
- Site appraisal and capacity studies to support planning, development and financial appraisals
- Regeneration frameworks and place-making strategies, including place marketing materials
- Stakeholder and public consultation, including preparation of materials
- Strategic visioning, facilitation and enabling
Our architectural design services include:
- Project preparation and brief development
- Concept design, feasibility studies and development appraisals
- Detailed design and planning applications
- Technical design and construction consultancy
- Project management and procurement consultancy
- Contract administration through construction and project handover
Please select the case studies tab for information on our projects.
Head of Masterplanning and Urban Design
Conor is Head of Masterplanning and Urban Design for Carter Jonas, based at our London HQ in Chapel Place. Conor is an urban designer and planner with a background in architecture and sustainability a...
Glen is based in Carter Jonas's Cambridge office and provides urban design expertise and other design-related services. He has twenty-seven years of experience in managing a wide range of planning and...
Head of Architecture and Building Consultancy
Ian has been influential in the design direction of Sutton Griffin's work since joining the practice in June 2000, having previously worked for the internationally renowned Michael Squire & Partne...