Strong bids were harvested at a sale of arable farm machinery in Oxfordshire on 15 September, reaping the benefits of strong demand in Eastern Europe.
John Read, Auctioneer and Associate in Carter Jonas' Newbury office, commented: "There was a good turnout of buyers for the sale of 150 lots at Letcombe Bassett, near Wantage, arising from John Wheeler’s decision to retire from farming after many years.
“The good turnout of buyers reflects the fact that well maintained equipment is still in strong demand and part of this is driven by the export trade to Eastern Europe,” he added.
The sale grossed nearly £125,000.
Prices achieved for the principal lots were:
- Claas Lexion 430 Combine (2000) £49,500
- John Deere 6420 Tractor (2007) £28,900
- Simba Horsch CO4 Drill (2001) £10,500
- Land Rover Defender 90 (1987) £4,000
- Kongskilde Goliath Packer Roller (1998) £3,800
- Dowdeswell 55 Series discs (2007) £2,300