The Masterplanning team have developed proposals for a major urban extension to the east of Witney in West Oxfordshire to provide up to 450 new homes (including 40% affordable and 5% self build) split across two edge of settlement sites.
New cycleways and pedestrian footpaths are integrated throughout the development connecting with routes into the town centre. Two new bus stops are also proposed along Oxford Hill with direct access from the larger site. Extensive areas of biodiversity improvements measures are proposed along the Windrush valley, including areas of scrub grassland and wildflower meadows. Community allotments are also proposed.
Our proposal included:
- 450 homes including 40% affordable homes split across two separate sites;
- New community allotments;
- Over 12 hectares of public open space, including children’s play areas;
- New foot and cycle connections and off-site improvements to the local network;
- Two new bus stops; and
- Extensive new off-site biodiversity mitigation measures.