Nuneaton is an attractive market town which is highly accessible by all transport modes, but especially by rail. It also benefits from having several large development opportunity sites in the town centre, which could significantly improve its potential to create a vibrant mixed-use location that is appealing to a younger market.
Our masterplanning professionals were appointed to prepare an initial development prospectus for presentation to developers, and subsequently to consider a more detailed development brief for the most important regeneration opportunities within the town centre ring road. Our proposal included:
- Opening the River Anker waterfront
- Creating a major new rail gateway
- Integrating rail and bus interchange facilities
- Improving the tourism and leisure offer
- Widening the retail offer to embrace town centre living