The rural industry is in an era of monumental change, bringing with it both challenges and opportunities that will affect the way rural property can be structured and managed.
It has never been more important to take a step back and look at your estate, farm or landholding. Appointing an independent expert to prepare a review is likely to be a very informative and rewarding experience.
What is a strategy review?
A strategic review will include a comprehensive evaluation of an estate, farm or landholding.
It will enable agricultural, residential, commercial and diversified assets to be optimised and to evolve, taking advantage of new opportunities and to provide resilience.
As part of the Carter Jonas strategic review process, our first step is to work very closely with our client to obtain a thorough understanding of the current assets and their aspirations.
The different types of strategic review
Reviews can take various forms, ranging from an audit of let property compliance, a benchmarking review which will compare the financial performance of your assets, all the way up to a comprehensive estate strategy review. Crucially, it can tailored to whatever you require.
Why choose Carter Jonas for your strategic review?
Our experienced team act as trustees, managing agents and consultants to a wide array of estates, farms and land holdings across the United Kingdom. We advise a number of the country’s high profile landed estates and historic houses, and also commercial farming and forestry enterprises.
Building on this experience, each of our rural agents draws on the specialisms from across our rural division and, where necessary, will also engage experts from our commercial, residential, planning, development, infrastructure, and energy teams.
We can review and advise on the following:
- Financial performance, profitability and cost control with assistance from Carter Jonas’ Rural Estate Benchmarking and Model Estate performance models
- Compliance and regulatory matters
- Land occupation arrangements including landlord and tenant matters, AHA tenancies, FBTs, licences, contract and in-hand farming models
- BPS, stewardship, transition and other grant funding opportunities
- Natural capital, biodiversity, carbon offset, environmental and sustainability action plans
- Forestry management, woodland planting, grant funding and carbon code eligibility
- Farming enterprises and business structures
- Country House Solutions including household management
- Building and condition surveys
- Energy including solar, wind, battery storage and anaerobic digestion
- Minerals and waste management
- Succession planning and supporting generational change
With offices across England and Wales, Carter Jonas is able to provide specialist advice to ensure that you can take informed decisions about the structure of your assets and benefit from future opportunities.