143-149 Newmarket Road CB5
1,494 to 4,653 sq ft (138.8 to 432.3 sq m)
143 - 147 comprises of a three-storey brick built building, set under a flat roof. There is under-croft parking for up to six cars with the main entrance into the building facing Newmarket Road. The windows are of aluminum double glazing.
Internally the ground floor comprises of a reception area and corridors leading to the under-croft parking and stairs to the upper levels. Recently re fitted male and female W/C facilities area located on the stairwells.
The building provides open plan accommodation ready for tenant fit out. The specification is in need of updating but does include carpeted floors, suspended ceilings and recessed lighting throughout.
The land to the rear of the building is a cleared development plot with planning consent for 10 residential units.
149 Newmarket Road is a self-contained lock up shop within a two-storey brick-built building with ground floor sales and storeroom, with a two-bed residential flat above. The unit is set under a pitch tiled roof. The shop front is fully glazed beneath the roller shutter. The windows at the first-floor level are wooden with single glazing. The residential flat is accessed through the shop. The shop and the flat would require refurbishment for the space to be let on the current market.
Please note 149 Newmarket Road forms part of the residential plot, so would need to be demolished should the planning permission be implemented.
- Central Cambridge Location
- Redevelopment Potential
- Unconditional Offers invited
- Prominent Position on busy road
- The appeal is allowed and planning permission is granted for the demolition of No.149 Newmarket Road and existing garage structures, the erection of new buildings containing a total of 10 residential units, the formation of additional floor space on the ground floor of Logic House for use incidental to the main building, brick and tile tinting to Logic House and associated infrastructure and works at 143-147 Logic House, Newmarket Road, Cambridge CB5 8HA in accordance with the terms of application, Ref 20/01125/FUL, dated 30 January 2020, subject to the conditions in the attached Schedule.
- Current Rating for Logic House is C (69)
143-149 Newmarket Road is situated on the northern side of Newmarket Road, close to its junction with the Elizabeth Way roundabout.
The city centre is approximately half a mile to the west of the property and the retail park is 300m to the east.
The property is in close proximity to Anglia Ruskin University's Cambridge Campus and the Grafton Shopping Centre.
Terms & Conditions
The property is available by way of a new effective full repairing and insuring lease on terms to be agreed.