Fitzgerald Meadow, Boxford CO10
Freehold | 1.4 acres (0.55 hectares)
RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY.
Potential Residential Site.
Subject to Planning.
Freehold interest being sold with vacant possession.
Site extending to approximately 1.36 acres (0.55ha).
The site is being offered by way of a conditional contract, subject to contract and planning.
The approach to the development will be through Fen Street, leading into Fitzgerald Meadow, which has direct access onto Butchers Lane.
The village of Boxford has a number of amenities including a primary school, church, two pubs, a post office and shop. The local towns of Sudbury, Ipswich and Colchester can all be accessed from the village in less than 40 minutes, all of which provide access to London by train.
The site is an irregularly shaped parcel of land to the rear of the Houses at the end of Fitzgerald Meadow. It is bordered by houses to the south and south-west, and by mature trees to the north and north-east. Currently, the site comprises managed grassland but is not in cultivation or agricultural use.
Site extends to approximately 1.36 acres (0.55ha).
The site has appropriate rights over the land adjoining the site which provides access from the adopted highway. Details can be found within the Drop Box.
The site falls within Babergh District Council and it is believed that the site is outside of Boxford’s Settlement boundary, but borders it the south and west and is found within Boxford’s conservation area.
The site is not in a flood zone, although the access to the site, Fen Drive, is in flood zone 3. Babergh have recently issued their updated Annual Monitoring Report for 2017-18, which states that after several years of under-delivery of housing the District is now able to demonstrate the required five year supply of housing land. Although the site is outside of Boxford’s settlement boundary and unallocated for housing development (and thus designated “countryside” for planning purposes), the site is well related to the village and could be considered a sustainable location.
John Mason, a planner within Carter Jonas has carried out an initial planning appraisal, a copy of which is included within the Drop Box.
• The owners are offering a conditional contract, initially for a period of 12 months with the right to extend for a further 12 months if a planning application or appeal decision remains outstanding.
• The purchaser will be responsible for all costs involved in securing planning consent.
• The planning application to be submitted in the joint names of the owner and the purchaser, to ensure the owner has step in rights if the purchasers withdraw.
• All the surveys and reports commissioned by the purchasers to be in the joint names of the owners and the purchasers to ensure that they are available to the owners at no additional cost if the purchaser withdraws.
• The developers to pay a contribution of £5000+VAT towards the owners agent fees, to be paid on conditional exchange of contracts.
A Drop Box for additional information has been created and access details are available from the agent.
This information includes:
• A planning appraisal prepared by Carter Jonas for the subject site.
• Title Register
• Title Plan
• Bidding Proforma
Should you require any further information please contact either:
Nick Muncey on 01223 326817 alternatively, you can email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles Harris on 01223 346596 alternatively you can email; email@example.com.