Whinney Lane, Harrogate HG2
Prime Residential Development Opportunity for approximately 5.17 acres suitable for residential development.
Harrogate is a former Victorian Spa Town and remains a popular tourist destination. The RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, Valley Gardens and the 200 acre Stray are all close by. Rossett Acre Primary School, Rossett Acre School and Ashville College are all within walking distance. Harrogate also has a thriving business community, a strong varied local economy and an extremely strong residential market.
The site north of Whinney Lane is located on the Western fringe of Harrogate approximately 2 miles from the Town Centre. The site is bordered to the South and East by residential dwellings and to the West by open countryside and woodland.
The Property extends to approximately 2.09 ha (5.17 acres) and is currently open pasture. The site benefits from an initial Preferred Draft Allocation under Harrogate’s Local Plan for mixed use development comprising housing and industrial / business development and associated uses (site H51).
An indicative layout plan has been designed by PRA Architects for 27 dwellings. The layout is for illustration purposes demonstrating how the site could be utilised.
The Client has purchased land under Title number YK9433 which has enabled access onto Whinney Lane and now forms part of the land offered.
There is an obligation to make a payment to The Crown Estate equivalent to £5,000 per each Open Market dwelling plot. It is intended the Purchaser will enter into this Agreement simultaneously with the purchase of the site.
Full details as to how payment is made and the timing thereof will be made available.
There are retained Mineral Rights across the site under Title NYK398783 and NYK398796. The Duchy of Lancaster have provided an initial indication that these might be extinguished in return for a payment under £20,000.
A preliminary Ecological Appraisal has been undertaken by Smeeden Foreman. Details are available. Site access has been considered by Sanderson Associates. Details are available.
A pre-application response was received from Harrogate Borough Council dated 30th August 2016. This suggests (at the time, the Council could demonstrate a 5YHLS) that the Council is required to maintain a supply of deliverable housing sites including those currently outside development limits.
In conclusion the officer suggests:
“The site is in a sustainable location on the edge of Harrogate and development of the site would contribute to the Council’s five year supply of deliverable housing land.”
Further information can be found in the Carter Jonas Planning Summary.
Our clients are looking to enter into a Development Agreement, either Conditional Contract, Option or Promotion Agreement with a suitable Partner to promote the site for development and submit a Planning Application.
Prime residential development opportunity in Harrogate comprising approximately 2.09 ha (5.17 acres) suitable for residential development
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit a “subject to contract” proposal addressing the following:
1. The term of years required under the Agreement together with any breaks/extensions.
2. The payment for the initial Term and any subsequent Term payments.
3. Contribution towards Vendor’s costs/fees incurred drafting the Agreement.
4. Details of the proposed Purchase Price/Purchase Price mechanism including:
• Percentage of Market Value or Price
• Minimum Price if headline figure or percentage if subject to deductions.
5. Details of experience and expertise dealing with sites of this size and nature, together with confirmation that you / your Company has no conflict of interest.
6. Background information relating to your Company including financial status and funding of the proposals, together with an indication as to the anticipated costs of delivering Planning Permission through the Planning process and anticipated timescale.
7. Confirmation of any specific obligations/conditions to be imposed under the Proposed Development Agreement.
8. Confirmation as to Solicitors and any other Professionals that would be appointed to act on your behalf at this stage.
We are looking for offers to be submitted to this office by 12 noon Wednesday 15th November 2017. Each offer should address all the items set out above in the same order to simplify comparison and enable an informed decision to be reached by our client. We may wish to discuss any offer submitted in further detail and/or invite you for further discussion.
Our clients do not undertake to accept the highest bid or indeed any bid. Please feel free, prior to submitting your bid, to speak to Carter Jonas Planning team.
VAT will be payable by the purchaser on legal completion in addition to the purchase price. VAT will be recoverable by the purchaser in the usual manner.
Parties wishing to walk the site should arrange an appointment through Carter Jonas. Potential purchasers should note that Carter Jonas take no responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur at the property. Parties viewing the property do so at their own risk.