Moorfield Road, Whittlesford CB22
Freehold | Development Agreements | 0.4 acres (0.162 hectares)
RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
Offers Invited by 12noon, Thursday 6th February.
Potential Residential Site
Subject to Planning
This vacant site is offered for sale by way of a conditional contract subject to planning.
The subject site is located in Whittlesford, 13.5km (8.5 miles) south of Cambridge. Whittlesford is a popular village with a shop, public houses and good village amenities. The large village of Sawston is located 3.4km (2 miles) to the north east and benefits from a full range of shops and amenity facilities.
The approach to the development will be through Knights Orchard which has direct access on to Station Road and is bordered to the south by the A505. Junction 10 of the M11 motorway is 2.1km (1.3 miles) to the west of the site and the A11
is 4.3km (2.7 miles) to the east.
The site is located 500m (0.3 miles) west of Whittlesford Parkway Railway Station which has frequent direct services into Cambridge in 11 minutes and frequent direct services to London Liverpool Street in 1 hour.
The site is approximately rectangular in shape with an overall area of 0.4 acres (0.16 hectares) and currently comprises amenity land.
The existing site access is currently from Moorfield Road however, this will be replaced by access through Knights Orchard once development takes place.
A planning application (ref: S/4751/18/FL) for 8 dwellings was refused by South Cambridgeshire District Council on 11 February 2019. The Decision Notice and other technical reports relating to the submission can be found in the data room. A resubmission of the application was withdrawn on 15 October 2019.
It is understood the principle of Residential Development is accepted and the density will need to be reduced to between 5 and 6 units.
The property is offered freehold with vacant possession.
The property has not been elected for VAT.
Offers are invited by 12noon on Thursday 6th February 2020, with a guide price of £600,000, on a Subject to Planning Basis.
• The owner is offering a conditional contract.
• The agreement will initially be for a period of 6 months with the right to extend for a further 12 months if a planning application or appeal decision is outstanding.
• The purchaser to be responsible for all costs involved in securing the planning consent.
• The planning application to be submitted in the joint names of the owner and the purchaser, to ensure the owner has step in rights if the purchaser withdraws.
• All the surveys and reports commissioned by the purchaser to be in the joint names of the owner and the purchaser to ensure they are available to the owner at no additional cost if the purchaser withdraws.
• The planning application to be submitted to the local planning authority within four months of the agreement being entered into.
• The purchaser to advise the owner within 14 days of the grant of planning permission whether it is deemed to be an acceptable consent.
• Completion to take place 10 working days after the expiry of the Judicial Review period.
• The purchaser to pay £7,500 plus VAT to be split equally between the owner’s solicitor and surveyors upon entering into the conditional contract. For the avoidance of doubt this figure will not be deducted from the ultimate purchase price.
• The purchaser to state whether or not a sales and/or planning overage is being offered.
• The purchaser to be responsible for any Section 106 / CIL payable in addition to the land price.
• The purchaser will have right to connect to the road and conduits in the Knights Orchard road adjacent including surface water drains.
METHOD OF SALE
The subject site is for sale by way of Private Treaty; however we reserve the right to conclude the marketing by way of an Informal Tender process.
A data room is available which includes the following information:
• Design and Access Statement
• Hedge Report
• Ecology Report
• Acoustic Report
• Ground Investigation Report
• Flood Risk and SUDS Assessment
• Noise Impact Assessment
• Planning Refusal Notice (ref: 5/4751/18/FL)
• Topographical Survey
• Legal Summary
• Title Plan and Register
• New Homes Values Report
Access details can be obtained upon request from the selling agents.
All offers to be received in accordance with the requirements set out in the commercial terms on these sales particulars.
ENQUIRIES RELATING TO NEW HOMES:
Marika Brundell DD: 01223 403330;
Christina Ballands DD: 01223 214214;
email: : firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the sale contact:
Nick Muncey DD: 01223 326817;
Charles Harris DD: 01223 32681;
Maxwell Fahie DD: 01223 271975