Employment Land Northstowe, Station Road CB24
11 acres (4.5 hectares)
The site sits within Phase 1 of the wider Northstowe development and is allocated for employment across a mixture of uses. The site consists of 6 parcels of commercial development land totalling approximately 15.2 acres (6.15 hectares) gross area which have recently been acquired by South Cambridgeshire District Council.
The site is situated on the northern gateway to Northstowe, close to the Guided Busway which links Cambridge, St Ives and the surrounding villages.
The local centre is located directly next to the employment land. The site will create a crucial meeting space for the local catchment. The site is allocated for mixed use development and the vision is to create a mixed-use area made up of shops, restaurants, cafes and a central vibrant hub.
- Land allocated for mixed use development.
- Prominent position on Northern Gateway.
- Large surrounding catchment population.
- Close proximity to transport networks.
- CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Outline planning permission for Phase 1 includes a mixed-use local centre (including a community building and provision for non-residential institutions, financial and professional services, shops, cafes and restaurants, drinking establishments and hot food takeaways); and employment provision (business, general industry and storage and distribution).
Northstowe is a new town in Cambridgeshire situated between the villages Oakington and Longstanton. It is located approximately five miles northwest of Cambridge city centre, approximately 12 miles southeast of Huntingdon and approximately 3 miles north of Bar Hill. Northstowe is a sustainable new development which is anticipated to create 10,000 new homes boosting the local population to over 24,000 by completion. As well as homes, Northstowe has been allocated for mixed use development and seeks to provide a range of employment and local amenities.
This site sits within Phase 1 of Northstowe and it is envisaged that this site will become an attractive northern gateway to Northstowe which will take advantage of the Guided Busway's links to Cambridge, St Ives and surrounding villages. The employment land and local retail centre sit alongside one another and will provide an opportunity for occupiers to support the large local catchment. The vision is to create a mixed-use area made up of shops, restaurants, cafes and a central vibrant hub alongside commercial employment uses.