Our high-quality design capability is uniquely informed by the full range of property and planning expertise available across the Carter Jonas network. Embedded within the Planning & Development team, our masterplanners accelerate the design process by drawing on planning insight, market intelligence, architectural expertise and delivery specialisms across the firm at every stage.
This enables us to work efficiently and effectively, avoiding redundant design work, and ensures the outputs are commercially sound, deliverable and fit-for-purpose. Our work for public, private and third sector clients across the UK ranges in scale from 0.5 to 500 hectares, and in different contexts from village greenfield settings to urban brownfield sites, and everything in between. To all of this work we bring a design intelligence that is tuned to the English landscape and townscape in all their regional variations.
We are equipped to take on complex commissions and can draw on the experience of specialist colleagues as required – whether that’s in asset management, retail planning, town centre regeneration or land assembly – to deliver a bespoke and integrated service aligned to our clients’ needs.
Our own specialist skills also add value to our colleagues’ work, particularly in strategic visioning, facilitation and enabling, and stakeholder and public consultation.
Our services for site masterplanning, where the scope of the work is already clearly defined, include:
- Preparation of planning applications and design and access statements
- Site promotion documents, including high-quality brochures produced by graphic designers
- Site appraisal and capacity studies to support planning, development and financial appraisals
Our services for regeneration masterplanning, where the scope of work (and sometimes the brief itself) need to be determined, include:
- Regeneration frameworks and placemaking strategies, including place marketing materials
- Stakeholder and public consultation, including the preparation of all marketing materials
- Strategic visioning, facilitation and enabling – all informed by commercial intelligence